Medical, Pharmaceutical, and Life-Science Translation Services
Translating content related to the medical and pharmaceutical spheres poses its own set of challenges:
- On the one hand, foreign language expertise (while a must) is not the only requirement. The translation needs to be both accurate and usable, as any technical material should, and its register should be appropriate. The translator needs to carefully manipulate scientific terms and common language while maintaining an optimal degree of precision.
- On the other hand, as the fields of study and state of scientific knowledge are in constant evolution, translators should also be aware of the latest information, technologies, and terminology. An academic background in medicine or experimental sciences can be invaluable – in some cases necessary.
Chang-Castillo and Associates (CCA) brings 20 years of experience—and counting—providing high-quality translation services for technical pharmaceutical trials, as well as interpreting experience for medical environments, international conferences, and multilingual events focusing on medical studies and devices.
We have translated and interpreted the full spectrum of written and spoken work for our medical and pharma clients, including:
- Clinical trials
- Drug registration documentation
- Presentations on drugs
- Patient recruitment documents
- Package inserts and labels
- Quality of Life (QoL) measures
- SAE and SOP procedures
- Toxicology reports
- Side effect warnings
- Contracts and agreements
- And more…
In addition, we provide a full spectrum of:
- Translation– including Transcription and Subtitling Services; and
- Interpreting– including Remote Simultaneous Interpretation, and
- Physicians, specialists, hospitals, clinics, and universities
- Biotech companies
- Multinational pharmaceutical companies
- Medical device manufacturers
- Clinical research organizations (CROs)
- And more…
The typical in-house translator or bilingual assistant is simply not the best choice to translate those important medical documents. This is one field where the translator has to be familiar with this complex niche and that is an area in which CCA excels.
The medical and pharmaceutical translation and interpreting teams at CCA have proven track records. They have the experience, certifications, and references guaranteeing they are fluent in the target language(s), as well as in the working subject matter. While all translators at CCA are native speakers to ensure the most accuracy, the translators on a medical translation team must also have former experience in the medical niche. This means that they are highly qualified to translate your documents, and you can feel secure with the accuracy and readability of your translations and that they are up to the language standard of the industry.
This is where we come in because all translators that are candidates to work on a niche team at CCA are thoroughly vetted. They must meet a rigid standard based on their qualifications. Such standards include but are not limited to:
- A graduate degree, preferably from a school that specializes in linguistics;
- At least five years of experience in their current field of translation;
- Current references that can verify a proven track record; and
- Membership or accreditation from translation organizations.
Our presence ensures your team and target audience members communicate fluidly, accurately, and authentically at both intimate and large industry events, that all documents and paperwork are 100% accurate, and that any instructional or marketing videos are available with precise subtitles in virtually every language.
Last but not least, because of the intense need for discretion and confidentiality in this field, all our linguists have signed a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). They all abide by a strict adherence to confidentiality and a code of ethics so you can rest assured that the confidentiality of all your documents and communications is preserved.
At CCA, confidentiality is key and quality is our #1 priority.