Technical Document Translation Services
Technical documents such as technical data sheets (TDS) are created and issued by manufacturers in order to provide precise information about their products. They can include such details as how-tos, components, materials, maintenance, and security measures. There may also be visual aids designed to assist the user, such as diagrams and schematics.
At Chang-Castillo and Associates, our translators not only possess good knowledge of the field in question, but can also get access to relevant documentation to ensure extreme precision. Translation of this type of text is perhaps surprisingly not about fidelity to the style or letter of the original. While the information, of course, needs to be conveyed in its entirety, it is really the target audience that matters overall. Therefore, the translation should be effective, neutral, and natural in style.
When linguistic quality means precision and rigor
When translating technical documents, one must take into account the conventions of the target language, since a misunderstanding could have severe consequences. Consider for instance the difference between commas and decimal points in numbers. This may seem obvious to some, but not all measurements are as intuitive as feet and meters, and mistakes are easily made.
Every minute detail, including formatting, should be selected for maximum accuracy and clarity for the user that speaks the target language. In this area, our translation team has an edge:
- Our translators are always native speakers of the target language. This provides them with extra insight into certain connotations or differences in formatting that may exist within a certain culture. Missing these things as a result of cultural ignorance can lead to accidentally conveying a negative or insensitive message about a certain culture or – perhaps just as unfortunate – a negative message about your company that you do not want to put out there. It can even make it seem as if those at your company do not care or are not concerned with the cultural or linguistic differences of your potential customers. That is certainly not the message you want to convey.
- Each and every document that Chang-Castillo and Associates translates will therefore go through a rigorous three-step process. This process is designed to make sure that your original company’s message is conveyed as perfectly as possible in this new language:
- Our three-step process includes the use of a translator, of course. However, what sets our process apart is what comes after that. Rather than simply giving the translated product directly to our client, we instead have two more linguists analyze the document.
- An editor will also check for any errors in the translation.
- And after that, a proofreader will check the document one more time for any errors. This process, as it is designed, will make sure that no typo or translation error will go uncorrected.
- We at Chang-Castillo and Associates pride ourselves on the accuracy of our translation and promptness of our delivery, so look no further if you are trying to find the best team to translate your technical data sheets. We were founded by expert linguists, so we know what it takes and what you need.
Quality is always our #1 priority.